ALLIES Immigrant Integration Goal
4. Health & Wellbeing
Goal: Programs that assist immigrants to cultivate physical, emotional, mental health and to secure services for acute and chronic illness.
- Health Insurance coverage
- Level of access to health care services
- Managing Health Conditions
The resources listed below are organizations and other information in support of this goal.
- Amigos de Guadalupe
- The organization (Amigos) addresses inequities through community organizing and advocacy, direct social service. and education (including Legal clinics, Family based petitions, Citizenship applications, ESL and Citizenship Classes Know Your Rights workshops, emergency family plans, after-schools and summer programming for young children and youth), Amigos has a partnership with Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, the heart of the relationships that make up the San Jose Mayfair community. Multi-language: Spanish
- Asian American Recovery Services, Inc. (AARS)
- The purpose of AARS is to reduce the impact of substance abuse in the Asian and Pacific Islander and other affected communities of the SF Bay Area. Providing prevention, outreach, intervention and treatment services, as well as, engaging in education, research and advocacy. Key Words: Mental Health, Addiction, recovery Multi-language: Cantonese, Khmer/Cambodian, Mandarin, Samoan, Tagalog, and Spanish Serving: San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County
- Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI)
- Multi service program. Domestic Violence Shelter (Asian Women's Home) - Health Care: Hope Program (HIV/AISA outreach prevention & education), Primary Health Care Asian focused medical facility, Covered CA Insurance Enrollment Asst, Youth Services & Recreation, Mental Health Care: Counseling, Addictions, Problem Gambling, Center for Survivors of Torture, Senior Wellness, Asian American Voices. Multi-language: Cantonese, Mandarin,Chiu-Chow, Laotian, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Tagalog, Lao-Mien, Farsi, and Japanese. Key Words: San Jose, Advocacy, Health Care, Seniors, Youth, Asian Pacific, Indo-Chinese, Substance abuse, Addiction, Recovery, AAPI, Key Words: Allies4
- CHAC provides alternatives to self-destructive behavior and helps create healthy lives for the children, youth and families through a comprehensive approach to mental health. Counseling, psychotherapy, and community awareness education are offered along with programs for the prevention and substance abuse programs are offered without regard to ability to pay. Multi-lingual: Spanish Service Area: Mountain View, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Sunnyvale, and surrounding communities.
- California Vision Foundation
- Individuals must meet the following criteria to qualify for a free eye exam and low cost glasses: "The household must qualify as low income "The individual applying for the exam may not have had an exam in the past two (2) years."The individual applying for the exam may not have vision insurance. Applicants are matched with volunteer optometrists in their areas. Average wait is 2-3 months. | Spanish |
- Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
- Citizenship services provided in English and Spanish, including assessment of eligibility, application assistance, interview preparation, ESL and citizenship classes at offices in San Jose and Gilroy. CC provides resettlement and retraining services for refugees and asylees. Deferred Action (DACA), Foster Youth, Unaccompanied Minors, Disaster Casework. Member of the SCC Citizenship Collaboration and CADRE Many other free and sliding scale social programs for children, adults and seniors. | Directory of Social Services | Multi-language https://www.facebook.com/WorkingToEndPoverty/?ref=ts
- Community Solutions for Children, Families and Individuals, Inc.
- The mission of Community Solutions is to create opportunities for positive change by promoting and supporting the potential of individuals, the strengths of families and the well being of our community. Its goal is to help clients, who face extreme stress and poverty, overcome serious obstacles to their mental, emotional, and physical well being. Branches in San Jose, Gilroy and Morgan Hill. Multi-language capabilities, Spanish
- Foothill Community Health Center
- Medical Services, Women's Health, Dental, Counseling, Optometry, Mental Health, Vaccinations, Pediatric, Family Planning, Student Wellness. Sliding Fee: Low income, uninsured patients may qualify for subsidized (part-pay) discount fees depending on their income and number of dependents. Assistance with Public Health Insurance. Key Words: Clinic, Hospital, Multi-language: English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Hindi, Farsi
- Gardner Health Services
- Our mission is to provide high quality, comprehensive health care, including prevention and education, early intervention, treatment and advocacy services which are affordable, respectful, culturally, linguistically and age appropriate - especially the disenfranchised, disadvantaged and most vulnerable members. 9 branches throughout the County. Languages: Spanish, Vietnamese Key Words: Healthcare, Covered CA enrollment asst, Medical, Dental, Women, Children, Optometry, pediatrics, Mental Health, Pharmacy
- Mayview Community Health Center
- MayView Community Health Center was founded in 1972 to provide high quality primary health care to low-income people from all cultural and language backgrounds, regardless of ability to pay. Serving low-income families and individuals in northern Santa Clara County with clinics located in Palo Alto, Mt. View and Sunnyvale. As a founding member of Community Health Partnership of SCC (CHPSCC) and a member of CA Primary Care Assoc., MayView works with other community health clinics to ensure that all Californians-regardless of income, insurance, race or ethnicity-have access to quality health care in their own communities, and to reduce health disparities rooted in poverty and social injustice. Multi-language: Spanish
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We're committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness. Key Words: Mental Health Multi-language: Spanish, Deaf & Hard of Hearing | |Key Words: Mental Health
- PRANA was created by Palo Alto Medical Foundation's South Asian Wellness Task Force, a committee of physicians, nutritionists and researchers, to help South Asians improve their health and reduce their risk of disease. Health information in English and Hindi . Multi-language: Key Words: Indian, seniors
- SCC Mental Health Call Center
- The Santa Clara County Mental Health Call Center is the centralized entry point for individuals who are seeking behavioral health services. In addition, to appointments and reverrals, the Call Center provides telephone crisis intervention response to callers in crisis, Phone: 1 (800) 704-0900 Hours: 24-hours, 7 days a week. KidConnections Network of Care Referral Process for children ages 0-5 and their families. Multi-Language: English, Mandarin, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese , Other languages can be made available as needed.
- SCC Produce Mobile Delivery Schedule
- Each month the Second Harvest Food Bank's Produce Mobile Program brings free fresh fruits and vegetables to 15 different locations throughout Santa Clara County. This program is open to any household or individual that self certifies that they fall within 200% of the poverty line. Multi-language: Spanish
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Financial Assistance
- If you do not have medical insurance, Financial Counselors will help you apply for a financial assistance program. Key Words: Health Care, Multi-language: Spanish, Vietnamese
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties
- Through a variety of programs and services, the 2nd Harvest Food Bank provides food to people in need where they live, learn, and work. Call the Food Connection today to be connected with resources like free food and CalFresh 1-800-984-3663. Multi-language: Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese Key Words: SNAP, Benefits